When you need to buy an air compressor, you need to ask yourself few questions and answer them genuinely so that you may find the best suitable air compressor that fits into your specific work needs.
1.For what purpose will I use this air compressor? Evaluate your work on the basis of load. There can be two options either you need the air compressor for heavy and high end industry usage or you would need it for the light-duty jobs in and around the house.
When you have clearly decided the purpose to buy the air compressor then it becomes easier to evaluate the various options that fulfill the requirements of your specific purpose.
2. What is the maximum operating pressure I require for my job? When you determine your need of operating pressure then it shall help you to choose between Single stage and Double Stage compressors. If your work requirement is for the heavy work, your tools would by law need more pressure and thus more volume. Your work requirement study shall also decide the need of tank size of the air compressor.
3.Which type of air compressor will suit my requirement? If you need air compressor for heavy industrial usage to work on high end machine set-ups, then you should narrow down your choices to piston compressor with a tank.
Piston type compressors use motor which builds up the air pressure. The compressed air is stored in the tank. If your basic requirement is a light duty work like tire-inflating machines or caulking machine, then you must consider the light weight, portable air compressor. The portable air compressor does not have any air storage tank and the basic function is to provide the consistent supply of compressed air required for the job work.
4. What is an ideal size of tank for me if I buy piston type Air compressor? The size of tank required by you is decided by your specific usage. So for an answer to this question; ask yourself about the usage. Whether you need to use the air compressor for small duration concentrated bursts of air or your work need long duration sustained pressure.
5. What is the ideal horsepower of the air compressor? For industry use; you will need horsepower more than 6.5 HP. For lesser heavy usage the ideal horsepower of the air compressor lies between 1.5 to 6.5 HP.
6. What is the ideal requirement of CFM from an air compressor? To determine the ideal value; add all the air tools to be used simultaneously, add 30% to the final CFM number. Make sure that you do not get an inflated value of CFM and end up buying extra-large compressor.
7.Which type of drive system should I buy? If you have consistent power backup; you shall need a drive system of electrical motor. Otherwise the drive system should be the gasoline engine which gives more mobility and usage flexibility
8. What is my job; on site or fixed place? Do you need to move your air compressor very often or you work at a stationary work-floor? Determine the type (portable or non-portable) depending upon your mobility requirement.
9. How much space do I have at my work area? This is another factor to be considered while choosing the size of the air tank or whether a small size portable compressor can only be feasible at your narrow work-job sites.
10. What is my budget? When you need to decide on the brand name or the manufacturer company; the comparison of price and feature index of various options is equally important. A good comparative study leads you to buy the best suitable and most feature enabled compressor that fits in your budget.