Though you might have a top branded and costly air compressor, it doesn’t mean that it will last longer. Why? As the machines and electronic products last longer on maintenance and proper operation. So today on this article we are going to discuss on 10 proper ways to keep your compressor healthy and last longer.
- Follow the user manual first: though reading the user manual is the most important thing to operate any machine, we neglect this thing and face problems. Proper using is necessary for air compressors as it can damage the motor or hamper the air chamber.
- Check the pressure level: It’s very important to maintain the pressure level of a compressor as the durability of the air container depends on it. Also it might be dangerous if the pressure level exceeds the tolerance. So the pressure valve should be operated accordingly. Also you can control the hose pipe air pressure using the nozzle.
- Set up the hose line: The connection with air hose pipe must be tight and air proof. Hose line is not integrated with the compressor firstly. So you have to set it up manually and Teflon tape can be used.
- Check the fan, motor, bearing and air chamber: Weekly or biweekly open the motors, fan and air chamber. Check if there is any problem or over loaded problems .As it may clog the rotation and stop the machine.
- Temperature: Air compressors may create heat for high pressure and break free motor spinning. Frequently check the temperature and if it is growing high, give a pause for 3 to 5 minutes. Growing high temperature may burn the motor coil and also split the motor belt.
- Check the oil level and clean air filter: Open the screws and see whether the compressor is dirty with old grease or have any dust. It may consume more energy and contaminate the compressed air.
- Notice abnormal facts: Always fix if you find any undefined noise or gas from compressor. If there is any burning smell, it can be the notification of high load in the motor. Also recheck the belts, vibrations, cracking sounds etc.
- Lubricate the joints: As air compressors get a lot of friction in inner parts, lubricating will lessen erosion of metals and help to spin motors faster. Similarly, Old oils, grease, lubricants should be changed in several periods of time.
- Check leaks: If there is any leak in the air compressor, it will obviously impact on your air pressure and volume as well. It has been found that 25% or more of the compressed air is missed through leaks. Regularly check the leaks using ultrasonic leak detector and confirm the fittings are set smoothly. Also gauge, clamps and trigger connectors should be leak proof.
- Clean dust and dirt: your compressor is your asset. So it is your duty to keep it clean and rust free. Though most of the air compressors are rust free but it won’t be a wise idea to keep it in touch of water, steam or rain. Also extra dust or dirt outside should be cleaned properly.
- Here we have videos for you so that you can realize the whole process nicely.
So now you know all about how to take care of your air compressor and make it last longer. An air compressor usually can be used for years if it is kept healthy. Maintaining these tips you can have your compressor more effective and efficient finally.
Thanks for reading!