When it comes to DIY projects, woodwork or craftsmanship, you would need the proper tools in order to create an end product to be proud of. But with the many types of tools available for you to purchase, which one is the best investment to make? Yo wouldn’t want to waste money on something you won’t even use.
Many recommend for craftsmen to invest in the best pocket hole jig. This is because to holds a ton of benefits that make the process of creating your project easier and more efficient. But with the many types of pocket hole jigs, which is the best one? We give you our picks on the best pocket hole jig reviews to help you out!
Top 4 Pocket Hole Jig Reviews
Based on our testing, research, and customer reviews, here are our top four picks on the best pocket hole jigs you can invest in today:
|Kreg R3 Jr. Pocket Hole Jig System|
|Kreg K5 Pocket-Hole Jig|
|Kreg K4MS Jig Master System|
|PORTER-CABLE 560 QUIKJIG Pocket-Hole Joinery System|
|Kreg MKJKIT Mini Kreg Jig Kit|
The Kreg R3 Jr. Jig is known as one of the most popular jigs because of its handiness and ease of use. You’ll be able to use it with almost any type of material and in tight spaces, making it great for any project.
- Very easy to use and install.
- It’s compact and can be brought anywhere. Whether you use it at home or need a quick repair when on the road, you’ll be able to do so with ease.
- The whole kit is complete with its drive bits, depth collar with hex key, 5 sizes of pocket hole screws, clamp pad adapter, and a carrying case.
- Made of durable materials that will last for years. Also comes with a lifetime warranty.
- It can only be used for small to medium sized projects, as the size would not be able to handle thicker material.
- This product is perfect for any craftsman who needs a handy tool that can work on almost any surface or material. Because of its lifetime warranty and complete package, it will definitely be worth the investment. You can purchase it in various kits, whether you want the pocket hole jig with screws, a clamp, or even the whole kit!
This is one of the newer versions of Kreg’s pocket hole jig collection. The Kreg K5 Pocket-Hole Jig has a ton of new and advanced features that make it easier to do home improvements or projects.
- It comes with a Drill Guide Block for easier setup. With a quick-release pin, it holds the drill block in place so it won’t get lost.
- It comes with a front-mounted clamping handle connected to a ratcheting clamp mechanism. You can conveniently adjust and support the material you are joining, without the need for tools or locknuts.
- It has Storage Wings to store certain screws and accessories for the jig, saving time and effort finding them when building a project.
- The new jig may seem oddly constructed for those who are used to its predecessors.
- If you would want something with all the features you need in a jig, then this is it. It has the professional construction and performance you need for quality work. With top-of-the-line features, you can use this with ease, no matter if you’re a beginner or advanced craftsman
Kreg is known for its quality tools and collections of jigs, and this pocket hole jig holds no exception. The Kreg K4MS Jig Master System holds useful features and advantages that help you finish your project quicker and without hassle
- It has a removable 3-hole drill guide to using on a bench top or portable bases, making it great for small or big projects alike.
- You can easily adjust the settings every 1/8-inch with materials that are 1/2 to 1 1/2 inches thick.
- It comes with a dust collection shroud to reduce wood chips, making your workplace clean and easier to pack up.
- The large clamping recess makes it easy for different styles of clamps to secure the jig to the workbench, so you won’t need to invest in a specialized one.
- The face clamp isn’t as strong and the screws end up pulling stronger than the clamp.
- You will need to exert more effort to move the jig when working on long pieces.
- Because of its practical uses and trouble-free assembly and use, it’s definitely worth investing in. You can choose to purchase the system with the screw kit or without
The PORTER-CABLE 560 QUIKJIG has the easy setup for any type of material, no matter how thick it is. We also love how easy it is to adjust for whatever project you need it for, making it one of the more versatile pocket hole jigs available.
- It has easy to adjust settings to make work less trying. With an automatic depth control system, a screw-length gauge, and self-adjusting clamp, you can assemble the materials you need to work on efficiently.
- VERY easy to use, all you need to do is to slide the wood in, press down clamp and drill. That’s all you need to do, as the jig system will do the adjustments automatically and get it perfect each time.
- The system is durable and will last for a long period of time, despite drops or spills.
- You won’t be able to work on it with tighter angles or spaces as easy as compared to other jig systems.
Because of its flexibility and trouble-free setup for various projects, it makes it a great purchase for those who use it for major home improvements or other works.
You can easily purchase these pocket hole jigs from reputable online shops or your local hardware store.
Why We Chose the Kreg R3 Jr. Pocket Hole Jig System
The Kreg R3 Jr. Pocket Hole Jig System takes place as our top pick on the best pocket hole jig. What makes the Kreg R3 better than the Porter-Cable 560 QUIKJIG is its strength. We like how the Kreg R3 can handle any material with ease, even using it in restrictive situations. You can use it in just about any project that requires wood joinery without the hassle.
While the Kreg R3 can handle tight spaces, the PORTER-CABLE cannot. Its all-around flexibility and durability makes it a nicer pick. While they are both easy to assemble and use, the Kreg R3 is all-around and is perfect for both beginner or expert craftsman. So long as you read the instructions carefully, just about anyone (not including children!) will be able to get it after a few times of testing it out.
The Kreg R3 comes with everything, including a carrying case to make storage or transporting easier. The lifetime warranty of the Kreg R3, as compared to the 3-year limited warranty of the Porter-Cable, is what makes it such a great investment. You are assured a good pocket hole jig system for life
How To Purchase The Best Pocket Hole Jig
Purchasing the best pocket hole jig isn’t difficult, but it may be confusing because of the many brands and ties available. For those who are just beginning, you need to know that it takes time and research in order to find one suitable for you and your projects.
Wondering how we chose these four best pocket hole jigs? Here are some of the factors to consider when choosing the best pocket hole jig to purchase:
What else do you need in a pocket hole jig? Will you need it for certain projects? Evaluate why you need the pocket hole jig and match those with the features the certain pocket jig has to offer. It’s best to find one that’s all-around.
Some pocket hole jigs have more unique features compared to its competitors. For example, the Kreg R3 can be used for tight spaces, while the PORTER-CABLE has automatic features that will adjust the jig system to the type and thickness of material you are working on. Figure out what you need in a pocket hole jig and find one with the proper and advanced features you can benefit from.
Ease Of Use And Maintenance
A pocket hole jig should make your life as a craftsman easier, so look for one that’s easy to assemble and use. Also, it should be strong enough to avoid wasting on repair and maintenance. We would recommend a pocket hole jig that comes with features such as a small storage for wood chips and dust for easy cleaning. Not only will your workplace be clean, but your jig system will be free from any dirt that may damage the machinery or decrease the quality of your next projects.
Construction And Strength
Make sure that the pocket hole jig you have is made out of the quality material and comes with the durable accessories to last for many uses. Its construction should live up to the features it claims to offer while being able to withstand any type of accident or project.
The strength and durability of the clamp should also be considered. While clamping the jig to a workbench isn’t necessary, it will help make drilling accurate and lessen errors. Find a jig with a strong clamp that can withstand thin or thick material.
What type of project will you use the pocket hole jig for? Some cater to small to medium projects, while others focus on bigger and stronger materials. You will want to find one that is all-around and can be used in any type of material or area, may it be in certain angles or restrictive spaces.
The best pocket hole jig would be easy to use and adjust. You will want to focus on finding a pocket hole jig that uses little to no tools when using it or adjusting the controls while working. This is to make your work easier and to spend less on certain tools while using this piece of equipment.
Types Of Screws You Need
Jigs can come with screw kits while you can opt to purchase them separately. Either way, these are needed in order to join your materials. Consider the thickness of your board before choosing the screws you need. You will want to double the size of the screws based on the thickness of the material. For example, a piece of wood that is 1/2″ will need a 1″ screw.
These are just some of the factors you will want to check out. It’s best to do your research through trusted sources and test the pocket hole jig yourself before officially using it on your projects.
With the best pocket hole jig, you’ll be able to complete all your home or office projects without fail. Hopefully, these pocket hole jig reviews will have helped you make the perfect choice on what kind of tool you need. With this ultimate purchasing guide, you will have been able to make sure that you find one you can utilize, making the investment worth it.
We chose the Kreg R3 Jr. Pocket Hole Jig System as our top pick because it’s got everything you need in a compact jig. From ease of installation and use, you’ve got something you can take anywhere and join materials with, no matter how restrictive the space or angle is. It’s got all the advanced features and accessories you need to begin your home improvements and projects. Plus, the lifetime warranty included with it makes it worth the investment.
So what are you waiting for? Purchase the best pocket hole jig today!
Did you like my article or have any reviews on the best pocket hole jig? Then do comment in this post! Any comments would be greatly appreciated.