The Best Small Air Compressor Reviews and Buying Guide 2017
If you are a DIY enthusiast or a professional, an air compressor is your companion. These machines are perfect, particularly during the winter.
However, you can see different types of air compressors in the marketplace but the best small air compressor is suitable for your needs.
Are you looking for a gas or even electric compressor? Do you really need a dynamic two-stage compressor? Okay, you have landed at the right place now.
This Best Small Air Compressor Reviews and Buying Guide will answer your questions, as well as give you some advice on the best small air compressors for home use. So continue reading attentively.
Comparison Table on the Best Small Air Compressor:
|The California CAT 1P1060S|
|Bostitch Trim Compressor CAP 1512-OF|
|Porter Shrouded Compressor CMB 15|
|PowRyte Pancake Compressor 6 Gallon|
|NOOX Inflator for Tires:|
5 Best Small Air Compressors Reviews:
California air compressor is one of the top portable air compressors available in the market. There is no noise made, and it comes with 56 decibels only. Your pump does not require any oil to function.
This makes its maintenance very easy. It comes with a motor that operates at 1680 RPM and a piston pump. With this air compressor, you can be assured of high-performance levels as well as durability. Your pump also comes with a steel air tank that is very light in weight. You can thus transport this machine very easily.
The piston pumps are designed to give you over 3000 hours of service before any wear and tear. Because this pump does not use any oil, you can use in different temperatures and terrains.
It’s 1P1060S has been designed to give 1.2 CFM. When used at 90 PSI, you can easily use for a nail gun, staple gun, blow gun, air brushes, finish gun and a brad gun. This is the best small air compressor for garage use.
You can inflate your tires, toys, balls and even beds. If you are looking for a quiet air compressor, then it is your best choice.
- Very quiet and suitable for homes.
- Doesn’t use oil to run thus easy maintenance
- Light in weight and easy to carry around.
- Uses less energy to achieve big results.
- Easy to use with nail guns
- Gives out only 1.2 CFM of air
- Does not give great results with some nails
On the overall, this is a great air compressor for home use. You can be sure there won’t be any noise disturbances to your neighbors. You can easily carry the device without using much energy.
Best Small Air Compressors Reviews
Looking for a compressor that gives an impressive 2.8 CFI when you use 90 PSI?
Bostitch Trim Compressor CAP 1512 gives off a very high pressure that you need to carry out your operations.
It is very easy to start this compressor with only 12 volts needed. The tank can hold up to 1.2 gallons of compressed air, and it is very easy to carry around.
Its control panels are placed in a cage which keeps them safe from any damage during use or transportation. You can monitor the pressure in the tank with the switch LED buttons available.
Bostitch air compressor does not use any oil in its operations. You can power it with electricity, and this makes maintenance very easy.
The fact that you get 2.8 CFM ensures that this compressor can be used for a wider range of purposes. You can use to screw in nuts for your tires among many other uses.
- Light in weight and easy to transport
- Easy to maintain as it uses electricity instead of oil
- Gives out 2.8 CFI and can be used for a variety of purposes
- Comes with LED switch buttons to help control air pressure and avoid damage
- Comes with a protective cage that protects the air compressor from damage when it is in use.
- Very quiet and suitable to use in the home environment.
- It seems to be expensive.
- The tank capacity is very small. It can only hold 1.2 gallons of compressed air. It means it will not be effective for activities such as filling the air to tires.
This compressor gives a higher CFI and works well to meet your home needs. It is a great air compressor to have in your home. It is one of the best air compressors available today.
This air compressor comes with a tank that has 1.5 gallons holding capacity. You can carry it very easily around the house without using much energy.
It has a comfortable handle to use when lifting as well as solid rubber feet for stability on the ground. It also comes with a drainage valve for water, and at 90PSI, this compressor gives 1.5 CFI.
The pump does not need any oil to run, and you can enjoy a long life with this compressor that is maintenance free. It powers at 120 volts and can work very well in cold weather environments.
This air compressor is powered by electricity and has a 25 feet hose. It provides a larger coverage for your activities.
- Uses electricity instead of oil
- Requires very little maintenance
- Light in weight and easy to carry around due to its comfortable handles
- Comes with rubber feet to provide stability and firmness on the ground.
- At 90PSI, it gives 1.5 CFI and can be used for multiple purposes
- Perfect for spray gun
- Comes with a tank that can hold up to 1.5 gallons of compressed air.
- The 1.5 CFI is relatively low compared to other small air compressors.
- It is very loud when in operation. It can be very disturbing for neighbors and even members of your house.
If you are looking for an air compressor that gives off volts of up to 120 and can function even in extremely cold weathers, this is the best small air compressor to get. You also get a long hose that allows you to cover a larger radius when using this device. The water drain valves are pretty impressive.
This portable air compressor comes with a 150PSI which will allow you to drive in a lot of nails when you need to. At 90 PSI, you get a 2.6 CFM which helps you in fast recoveries. You can do a variety of stuff. Its tank can comfortably hold 6 gallons of compressed air. It gives you so much more service. It has a shroud that is fully packed for enhanced protection as well as great handles that ensure comfort as you move the compressor around. The gallon tank is vertical and has a pancake shape. It helps provide balance through the center and also makes handling and portability very easy.
This air compressor comes with two plugs that are very easy to connect. They are universal and make handling very easy. The couplers are compatible with a quarter of an inch plugs used in automotive and in other industrial uses. The compressor comes with a variety of accessories that include a blow gun, Tapered nozzle, air hose, inflation needle, tire inflator, rubber tip and a coupler. You will also find a safety adapter, an extended nozzle, male and female brass plugs as well as a gauge for the tire pressure. Having a spray gun will allow you to use it for spray painting as well.
- Has a large tank that holds up to 6 gallons
- Light in weight and easy to transport
- Does not use oil and thus easy maintenance
- Has high pressure for a cut in
- The cutout pressure is 150PSI
- The air delivery at 90PSI is 2.6 CFM which gives great results
- It produces noise when in use. You may need to get ear plugs when you are using this compressor,
- Does not come with adapters
With the great cut in and cut out pressures, this is a compressor to have. You can get more value with all the available accessories it comes with. As long as you follow all the instructions included in the package, you can be sure to get amazing results for a very long time. You do not have to worry about maintenance as it is powered by electricity, not oil.
This electric inflator for tires is highly multifunctional. It comes with a LED light that allows you to change tires even in the night time. It has a cutout pressure of up to 150 psi and makes tire inflation very easy. It comes in a very compact shape. It helps you save space in storage and also makes it very easy to carry as it is light weight.
NOOX Inflator is made with strong PVC that offers stability when tires are being inflated. The PVC also ensures that there isn’t too much noise produced from the vibrations of the inflator. It comes in a triangular shape which makes it possible to stand firmly on the ground when in use.
- Comes in a compact shape for easy storage
- Light in weight
- Comes with a long cord for better use
- Has a high cut in and cut out pressure for inflation
- Comes with a LED light for visibility during the night
- Easy to maintain and very durable
- Comes with a very small tank for the air pressure
- The CFM at 90 PSI is very low
This is a handy gadget that you can always carry along in your car. It will help you monitor your tire pressure. It comes in handy when you have a flat and cannot reach the gas station in time. It is also value for money and very durable.
Benefits Of The Best Small Air Compressor At A Glance:
- Best small air compressor It makes work easy around the house.
- You improve your handy skills for home use.
- It is a great way to save on costs
- Absolutely suitable for air tools
- You do not need to rely on anyone to sort the tire pressure problems
- The air compressor can be used for various other purposes around the house.
- You’ll get your desired results faster and with precision
What to Look For when Purchasing the Best Small Air Compressor:
Consider the compressor CFM. It is an indicator of the speed at which the compressor supplies air. The higher is, the better.
The size of the gas tank determines how much-pressurized air can be held. Depending on your needs, you can choose a tank that will hold the right amount of air. Larger tanks are for people with greater needs.
The psi factor determines the performance of the compressor. The psi is not a stand-alone factor and is also considered together with the size of the tank. A small tank with a large psi will make the tank perform the same way as a large tank would.
A great air compressor should produce little or no sound when in use. It will ensure comfort as you work around the home.
You should be able to move the air compressor easily. Ease of portability is a great factor to consider.
An oil free air compressor is the only factor that should be non-negotiable. You will have an easy maintenance time when you go for electric powered compressors.
As seen from the above discussion, there are many small air compressors to choose from in the market. You determine the best small air compressor to get. Discussed above are the top compressors that you should consider when you decide to buy an air compressor. They all come with unique qualities. Our recommendation would be the pancake air compressor which comes with so many other accessories. These make the use of the compressor so easy and enjoyable. The compressor is easily available on the market and comes with a warranty. So if you are satisfied with this post just share it with your friends and comment below.