DEWALT D55146 Overviews
The DEWALT D55146 4-1/2 inch -Gallon 200-PSI Hand Carry Compressor is a well-designed compressor that has been designed to survive all the toughest conditions. It is excellent for use both at home for repairs as well as for professional use in the workplace.
Its features are what make it be acknowledged as among the most effective air compressor models in the market today. Its portability is great as it can easily be moved around while the size allows it to be stored almost everywhere. The versatility of the model can’t go unmentioned as this unit can be used in a wide range of areas such as by small framework carpenters as well as in remodeling.
The model has solidly been built to offer maximum efficiency together with effective performance. With the D55146, you will not worry about the harsh job site conditions as this model has skillfully been designed to withstand all such conditions.
With dual connection design, you will be able to operate the model with up to three framing nailers and two roofing nailers. Its versatility is also a factor worth mentioning as it serves both small carpenters together with remodelers alike.
Its motor which is very powerful and highly efficient in conjunction with its durable pressure pump offers 200 PSI maximum pressure. At 90 PSI, it offers 5.0 SCFM an implication that you will never be short of pressure.
It is an oil free model that assures you of maintenance-free performance under any temperatures or terrains. One outstanding unique feature is its ability to quickly recover after the exhaustion of the initial tank charge.
Based on the available space, the model can be kept, stored or transported in either vertical or horizontal position.
However, it must never be operated in the vertical position. The upright or rather vertical position is only for storage purposes. Its wheels are well balanced to ensure that not only is easy maneuverability enhanced but also storage is made much easier.
What Makes This the Perfect Portable Compressor?
DEWALT D55146 With Oil-free pump together with maintenance-free operation ensure durability :
The motor of the Dewalt D55146 model is functional with enhanced higher efficiency. Along with the oil-free pump, the manufacturer has guaranteed durability for this maintenance free machine.
The quality of materials and components used in its manufacture are excellent while its gears can also be given thumbs high as they function properly. At 83 pounds, it is quite heavier than a number of other portable air compressors but that’s worth it.
The fitted wheels ensure that it is still highly portable as it can easily be moved around. Effectively, the compressor has certainly been built to work well under tough job site conditions. Its relatively lower noise measuring about 78 decibels makes it a suitable model for use indoors.
Designed For All Small Works
The air compressor has skillfully been designed for use by all small framing crews, outdoor deck constructors, remodelers and cut carpenters etc. the unit is capable of handling some of the most demanding stapling as well as nailing applications which include decking and sheathing.
However, the model is versatile and flexible enough to cater for the needs of large-scale remodelers as well as large cut carpenters.
Its trademarked motor that’s characterized with high efficiency together with its ruthless pump allows the operators to make maximum use of some additional performance made available by 200 PSI.
Features and Specifications
- Beautiful wheels: the D55146 is particularly heavier than most of the model. However, its individual wheels have been designed to make it much easier to move around with. For smooth portability, the handle stretches quickly and easily. The ten-inch wheels assist in easy movement of the model hence increased portability.
- Powerful 200 PSI: the engine of this air compressor is powered by 5.4 CFM @ 200 PSI that’s very powerful indeed. It finds no difficulty when it comes to power most of the tools you will need to use.
- Low Noise: most air compressors are characterized by lots of noise. The Dewalt D55146 is however quite unique as its noise is relatively low and tolerable. Its standard cycle reaches when it gets to about 160 PSI and it is also capable of running at approximately 1750 RPM. The low noise in conjunction with the slight vibration makes the model a user-friendly machine both at home and in workplaces where you don’t want to scare aware customers with much noise.
- It comes with a vertical stand feature together with a collapsible handle both of which allow the operator to save on space since the operator can be transported or/and stored in a vertical position.
- It is also accompanied with a twelve-month warranty
- It measures 33. 5 inches × 44. 8 inches × 24.5 inches
Dewalt D55146 Scores & Reviews
The model is one of those products with amongst the highest rates of approval in both online and offline reviews. In Amazon, the D55146 model rates at more than 4/5 stars.
The best number of the customers is pleased with the quantity of the air it supplies together with its refill speed. Some of the customers have registered positive results when simultaneously running three air tools.
These reviews point out to the fact that this model factored functionality, reliability, and efficiency before looking at the aesthetic part of the machine.
The 5.2SCFM air flow capability is really impressive with almost all customers agreeing that it surely meets their requirements as well as demands. The noise levels are commendable as they are tolerable even during indoor use.
The DEWALT D55146 4-1/2-Gallon 200-PSI Hand Carry Compressor is an oil-free compressor design that has been designed and built to survive those complex and difficult working conditions at your workplaces.
It has been advanced with two hose-pipe connections together with an up to date cooling system. In case you are seeking for that air compressor that will serve your needs, whether professional or home-based, powerful enough to deliver in almost all the aspects yet relatively less noisy for use in all neighborhoods, then the D55146 is worth being given a try.